The benefits of REGULAR massage affects ALL of the systems of your body.
Some of the benefits are:
- Facilitates and empowers the individual's healing potential.
- Improves tone and elasticity of muscles (muscular system)
- Improves digestive processes through relaxation ( digestive system)
- Increases ease and efficiency of movement (skeletal system)
- Reduces emotional stress (nervous system)
- Increases circulation to insure proper nutrition to sluggish areas (endocrine system)
- Improves hair, nail and skin texture (integumentary system)
- May lower blood pressure and heart rate (cardiovascular system)
- Helps eliminate toxins from the body (excretory system)
- Encourages release of endorphins, natural painkillers (endocrine system)
- Through relaxation massage respiration is decreased and deeper (respiratory system)
21% of Americans say the primary reason they don't get a regular massage is that they are too busy!
Self care is important , not selfish! Reach out and connect with a massage therapist, your body will benefit greatly!
Until next time, taking it one step at a time. Small changes will create BIG results!